Search This Blog

Sunday 3 April 2011

Top 10 Comdey Films (According to me!)

Top 10 Comedy Films

Welcome again to another of my top 10’s. This time it’s a top 10 of comedy films in aid of April Fool’s day. So without further ado, let’s get cracking!

10. Jackass 3D – not an obvious choice and with the number of comedy films out there probably not everyone will agree with this being in here. However I cried with laughter both times I watched it at the cinema! Not for the faint hearted. Someone should have told that to the girls gagging in the row in front of us!

9. Police Academy: all of them! – could not choose which one to put in here, as I love them all! Laugh out loud comedy which never gets old.

8. The Other Guys – Ferrell and Wahlberg star in this comedy about two cops who don’t get along but are partnered in the force. Hilarity ensues as they try to crack a case to get their names noticed.

7. Due Date – I love it when Downey Jr. stars in comedies, his dry wit brings something extra to it. This film sees RDJ trying to get across country to be at the birth of his child. Seems simple enough, but it’s made all the more complicated by Galifinakis. A must see for comedy fans.

6. Blades of Glory – watched this again the other night and forgot how funny it was! Ferrell is yet to set a foot wrong in my eyes, and Heder is brilliant as ever. Check out Napoleon Dynamite, pointless film but soooo funny!

5. Kick Ass – absolute genius! It’s essentially a comic book movie, based on the graphic novel of the same name, but is very very funny. Can’t believe I have only watched it recently.

4. Hot Fuzz – Pegg and Frost in one of their finest performances to date. It’s a laugh riot from start to finish, with a whole host of great British talent. Look out for the machine gun wielding grannys!

3. The Hangover – modern day classic. Probably one of the most talked about comedies of late, and has one of the most highly anticipated sequels this year.

2. Anchorman – had to be in the top 10! Extremely quotable and instantly recognisable to any film fan. If you only buy one film this year, buy this one!

1. Airplane! – I love, love, love this film! Despite its age it is still as relevant today as it was then. The legend that is Leslie Nielsen, R.I.P, plays a blinding performance alongside the rest of the cast. Outrageously over the top but brilliant.

Well, that’s it for this top 10! Check back soon for more top 10s and move reviews!

2 comments:

  1. Interesting read about the top ten comedy movies,My favorite is The Other Guys,a very funny film.the vast majority of it was funny enough that this could have been the funniest film in years.

    Thanks & Regards
    Discount London Theatre Tickets

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list, but I think proof of a bit of a generation gap in some respects.

    I really didn't get Napoleon Dynamite (that said, my 20 year-old niece and her 21 year-old boyfriend didn't get the point either so maybe it's not entirely generational).

    I don't understand including Hot Fuzz (I agree, it's brilliant) but not Shaun of the Dead!

    Ferrell is a bit of an acquired taste. I think I'd find Anchorman funnier if I couldn't see the stark truth of most of the characters and the way they behave. I know people in television who are just like these idiots!

    If you want a disfunctional TV presenter, I suggest Groundhog Day. Bill Murray is a complete genius! (Talking of which, Zombieland was absolutely magnificent last year). And there's Broadcast News form 20 years ago (or whenever it was made, I don't want to be reminded how old I am!)

    And I hope you've seen Blues Brothers - to me and my friends it was THE quotable film of my late teens, along with Withnail And I.

    That said, generational differences or not, I agree that Airplane is an absolute masterpiece and anyone trying to make a comedy film should watch and learn from it. I've lost count of how many times I've seen it but I STILL see stuff I've never noticed before every time I pull the DVD off my shelf.

    ReplyDelete